Australasian Applied Statistics Conference 201628 November – 2 December 2016, The Windsong Pavilion, Four Winds, Barragga Bay NSW
Call for Abstracts
Submission of Abstracts
The Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts for original work for consideration as an oral or poster presentation in the AASC 2016 program.
Abstract Deadline Dates
|Abstract Submissions Closed||5 August 2016|
|Authors’ Notification||2 September 2016|
|Early Bird Deadline||9 September 2016|
|Author Registration Deadline||16 September 2016|
Themes for Submission
Abstract authors are welcomed to submit their abstract of an interest in the biometrics or applied statistics community nominating one of the following themes:
- Innovative consulting and big data
- Statistical genetics
- Statistics in fisheries and ecology
- Smoothing and statistical graphics
- Other biometrics/applied statistics area
There are two presentation formats at AASC 2016 to choose from:
- Oral Presentation – Oral presentations will be delivered in parallel sessions. The Organising Committee has provisionally allocated 20 minutes for each oral presentation. We ask presenters to speak for a maximum of 15 minutes and allow 5 minutes discussion time.
- Poster Presentation – All poster presentations will be presented during lunch times and the afternoon of Monday 29 November 2016.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions listed below before preparing your abstract:
Step 1: Write your abstract into a .doc file following the Abstract Format Guidelines (below).
Step 2: Read the General Policies and Requirements (below) for the submission of abstracts.
Step 3: Using the online abstract submission portal, create an account and submit your abstract.
Abstract Submission closes Friday 5 August 2016.
Abstract Format Guidelines
– When submitting your abstract online, do not include your abstract title and author references in the Word document. You will be asked for this information separately and these will be automatically added for you during submission. Please therefore submit a Word document with your abstract body only.
– Abstracts must not exceed a 300 word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the abstract and does not include title, authors and institutions or the summary.
– Submissions will allow a title of up to 100 characters in length to be submitted.
– Abstracts must be free of typographical and grammatical errors.
– Standard abbreviations may be used for common terms only. Otherwise, any abbreviation should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
General Policies and Requirements
– All abstracts must be original work.
– The presenting author will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program. Deadline for presenting author registration is Friday 16 September 2016.
Notification of Acceptance
Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author on 2 September 2016.
Abstracts submitted for oral presentations that cannot be accommodated within the program will be considered and reviewed for a place in the poster category.
The AASC 2016 Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
28 November – 2 December 2016
6 May 2016
5 August 2016
Early Bird Registration Close
9 September 2016