Australasian Applied Statistics Conference 201628 November – 2 December 2016, The Windsong Pavilion, Four Winds, Barragga Bay NSW
For delegates arriving at Sydney International or Domestic airports, there are three main options for travel to Bermagui.
- There are car hire facilities at both airports, so you may choose to drive to Bermagui. This is a reasonably lengthy but beautiful drive down the coast of NSW (distance 380km; time 5.5-6hrs).
- Organise a connecting flight to Merimbula airport through Regional Express Airlines (http://www.rex.com.au/). Car hire facilities are available at the airport. It is then a short drive north to Bermagui (distance 90km; time 1-1.5hrs). Alternatively, if there is sufficient demand, the conference will organise bus transfers from Merimbula to Bermagui. If you require a transfer, please contact the local organising committee.
- Organise coach travel to Bermagui through Premier Motor Service (https://www.premierms.com.au/newhome/home.asp). This bus departs at approximately 9:00am from Sydney CBD, with stops at both Sydney International and Domestic airports. It arrives in Bermagui at 5:20pm.
These options will also be available for your return to Sydney.
For delegates arriving at Canberra airport, there are two main options for travel to Bermagui.
- There are car hire facilities at Canberra airport, so you may choose to drive to Bermagui. This is a reasonably short drive, once again featuring a scenic stretch of the NSW coast (distance 250km; time 3-3.5hrs).
- Organise coach travel to Narooma through Murrays Coaches (http://www.murrays.com.au/ExpressTimetable.aspx?RouteCode=5). This bus departs at approximately 7:30am from Canberra CBD and arrives in Narooma at 1200. Narooma is 30km north of Bermagui but there are no public transport options between the two towns. If there is sufficient demand, the conference will organise bus transfers from Narooma to Bermagui. If you require a transfer, please contact the local organising committee.
These options will also be available for your return to Canberra.
A transfer shuttle will be available between Bermagui and the conference venue located in Barragga Bay. There is also parking on site for delegates who wish to commute independently.
A transfer shuttle will be provided for all delegates attending the conference dinner between Bermagui and Mimosa Wines. Again, there is parking available on site but small cars may have difficulty navigating the driveway. We encourage all delegates to use the shuttle for this event.
The AASC 2016 Conference is being held at the Windsong Pavilion at The Four Winds located in Barragga Bay, which is approximately 380km south of Sydney’s CBD.
The closest airport is in Merimbula and takes approximately 50 minutes to reach by car. There are car hire facilities at Merimbula Airport.
To get to the Four Winds from Bermagui by car, travel 9kms south along the Tathra Bermagui Road. Turn into Four Winds Road, Barragga Bay NSW 2546.
There is parking available on site at The Four Winds, adjacent to the Windsong Pavilion.